GWL Advertising seeks a highly motivated, data-driven SEM Strategist to add to our rapidly growing team. With new, diverse clients coming on board, the SEM Strategist will be instrumental in providing insight and guidance on achieving our clients’ business objectives.
The SEM Strategist will act as the lead search engine marketing media planner and buyer and provide insight and recommendations based on new trends and opportunities, competition, and analytics.
- Set up, manage, and continually optimize paid media campaigns on Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Display Network, YouTube, and other programmatic display networks.
- Plan and recommend media buys based on each client’s digital marketing strategy.
- Research and map potential search keywords aimed to get the best results on paid search.
- Build targeted audience profiles on ad platforms that best align with a client’s personas.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Advertising team to plan out holistic, full-funnel advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with the agency’s design, content, and video team to create digital ads.
- Conduct ongoing A/B and/or multivariate tests to improve key performance indicators.
- Create weekly or monthly reports for clients and provide strategic recommendations for new opportunities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience working in digital media buying, including experience with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Display Network, and YouTube.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Demonstrative ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Familiarity with Google Drive tools.
- A strong understanding of integrated marketing across multiple channels.
- Agency experience.
- Certifications in Google Ads and Analytics.
- Familiarity with SEM research tools such as SEMrush, Spyfu, WordStream, or Moz.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools, such as HubSpot, Marketo, Act-On, or Pardot.
- BA/BS in marketing, business, communications, or a related field.
You can submit your resume and cover letter to Rhen Wilson, Director of Digital, email@example.com.